View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
My complaint against recaller (other than it sometimes "forgets" to stop recording, which is easily resolved by starting and stopping another call, e.g. to check my remaining credit) is that there is a HUGE disproportion between the volume of my own voice and the other party's. Has this been/can this be addressed in orecchiette?
In fact, it has -- Recaller is using "source.hw0" to record voice data directly from the microphone source. However, after doing some research, I found that there are a number of different "source"s available; I'm currently using "source.voice", a wrapper over the hw0 input which does seem to have the input volume at the same level as the output (which I'm getting from "sink.hw0.monitor"). I haven't done a lot of testing yet (to be honest, I've only recorded one phone call), but it seems to work quite well.

I haven't yet been able to test against a bluetooth headset yet; I'm still using "source.hw1" to retrieve that data, so it'd probably need some work to increase the volume. (Or maybe "source.voice" will automatically switch to hw1?)

Anyway, lots more work to be done on this app.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: