View Single Post
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on this form and mostly this thread for the last 5-6 months. I got very excited after reading the tales about people using this device to its fullest extend with custom builds. Even more so when i saw the possibility of using arch linux on this device as i do with my all my other machines. It was quite a struggle as i'd never manually compiled a kernel before but after revisiting this many times i'm happy to report that i got a working image of the 4.7-rc4 kernel with the latest rootfs running well.

Right now i'm having a problem with the current version of wpa_supplicant but the wifi is working fine for wep networks. I'm also under the impression that the seccomp fault of systemd has been solved so the latest 233 also works at this moment with the for-mentioned kernel version.

For this entire endeavor i've written a build script that goes from kernel source to full image which i would be happy to share here once i've cleaned it out a bit. Once i got the wpa problem sorted i will also try and put up a tar of my current image so people don't have to try the ancient image in the post before.

I'd like to give big thanks to tcbl50 as his information was crucial to me figuring this all out.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jukebox For This Useful Post: