View Single Post
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
I'm honestly surprised that there is not more chatter around this device. Generally in this forum, I find there's either an 'I love it' or 'it sucks next to the n900 because <insert reason>'.

Perhaps this is a device that is so envied, that nobody can justify a valid complaint against it? But as it's not Nokia, can it be that it's similarly not gushed about? Am I poking the hornet's nest?

Right now, a prepaid service in my area offers $7 for 125mb data (lasts one week). This translates to roughly 4-5 hours of SIP talk time (GSM single channel), or a whole lot of SSHing! . As I am rarely away from WiFi, this is PERFECT for me when using a 3G tablet like the Galaxy Tab. I need only spend $7 here and there, when I actually need to be mobile, which is admittedly rarely, but a godsend when I actually need it!

It's a drag that, this tablet doesn't do cell calls (assumption), as I still need to carry around a mobile phone when ducking out momentarily. However, my phone is also prepaid and I barely use it so it costs me peanuts per year: ~$40. If it does do cell calls, then it's a no-brainer for me, and it's purchase will be a top priority.

Either way, I'm really, *really* looking forward to this device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post: