View Single Post
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by RasLikesN9 View Post
Hey, all. I'm sure this is something simple, but I simply have not figured it out, yet. So I am yielding and asking here.

I had to replace my Sailfish X F5121 with another F5121. I decided I wanted to keep SFOSX on the old phone and have it on my new, so I bought another license yesterday. When I downloaded the SFOS yesterday it was actually 2.1.4.14, so I didn't have to do the upgrade through versions like I did with the original F5121. Nice.

I've transferred stuff over, set up my T-Mobile USA settings and can get mobile data and MMS text messages. On my old phone the voicemail notification icon worked normally. However, on my new phone, I receive an SMS with content starting:

//VVM:SYNC:ev=NM;id=.....

and my voicemail notification icon doesn't appear. I found a thread from 2015 but this was closed and associated questions on TJC were closed because it was addressed in a far earlier update years ago.

Is anyone else seeing this? I had already upgraded my old phone to 2.1.4.14 and voicemail notification was working fine there. I haven't logged into my T-Mobile portal account to change anything there. To be thorough tomorrow, I will even put my SIM back in my old phone and test this. But that will just show something is different from old phone setup to new phone setup. I don't know where to look for the differences, though. Any ideas?

Thank you.
In my experience, this message is displayed when T-Mobile thinks you have visual voicemail. When I put my sim into my Nexus 5 running SFOS this message appears when I get a voicemail. If I turn off visual voicemail on my other device (BB10) before removing the sim to put it into my Nexus 5, I don't get this message.

I don't get many voicemails, so it has been awhile, but I believe this is how it works for me...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post: