View Single Post
More projects!? You must be super efficient! Also, great to see that the software has been released with documentation; thank you.

I have a few suggestions, which you are free to disregard, but your answers to the related questions would be of great benefit to many, even if you only do so on this thread.

Homepage
On the package page, the homepage field is empty. Perhaps, this could be assigned to the Wiki page?

Package information/description
Although the package information is written in clear language and well formed sentences (which is more than can be said a lot of packages!), I'm a little unsure the purpose of this programme. For those of us who are not so adept at dealing with systems etc., would it be possible to re-phrase the description?

Current:
Hildon event feed allows third-party applications or scripts to display events in the event feed application and homescreen widget.

Does this mean...
Hildon Event Feed (hildonevents) is an application that displays forthcoming events in its own desktop widget, in the form of an automatically updated list, or feed.

In this context, an event is ... <meaning of the term event>
  • Can you elaborate on what an event is? System, calendar, when application x does y, etc. Maybe some general examples?
Events can be associated with Hildon Event Feed, so that they show up in the feed, by ... <summary of method to include events in feed>
  • e.g. events are added to the feed using dbus and/or a higher-level language, like python.
* Is this correct as well? *
* Hildon Event Feed can also be configured to
* conditionally initiate secondary events, when
* an event in the feed occurs.

One point I'd make about the examples (I think there's only one at the moment, but written in two languages?), is: would it be possible to annotate them to say what the code does? Not too much detail, something like: in this example we're going to <action>, in order to do this we <send_signal> and <receive_signal>. Clearly, a full dbus tutorial is beyond the scope of this Wiki/article but a little context would be really helpful.

I'd be happy to add to the existing Wiki page myself, if I knew what I was writing was correct! (e.g. paste from your response).

From a beginner's point of view, and having looked through your examples on the Wiki, this could be quite a good way of learning how dbus works - by seeing it in action (so to speak) - in which case, extra thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post: