View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
After power-cycling a few times, I believe the issue is due to the watchdog not properly starting (or not starting fast enough) after kexec(); likely due to the disabled L2 cache.

The Nokia logo does show, but it never gets to the pulsing animation when it'll decide to go rebooting.
I have noticed that, for example when I boot up Harmattan using the Nitdroid kernel (zImage.pr13) it is really laggy for the first minute or so. The booting takes a long time, the spinner just keeps on spinning. Nitdroid, however starts up quite quickly. (and if the L2 cache control was patched in, would propably start up even faster)

However, for me there has never been any failures to boot, on non-patched kernels it just takes a bit longer.

I wonder if there is some installed application that theyosh has that might complain about longer boot time, which would then cause the failure.

It seems I need to put up a patched kernel to ubiboot page for people who do not want to compile it for themselves.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: