View Single Post
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Can I turn off Bluetooth new device scanning without turning off Bluetooth? I can't find a setting for that.

I finally got a set of Bluetooth headphones to use with my Xperia X running SailfishX. But when I used them, I'd get periodic noise on the audio stream. Not white noise, but modem-y kind of noise. I thought it was just the crappy Monoprice headphones, the cheapest money could buy -- but no, it was happening every ~3 minutes.

And every 3 minutes, the phone searches for new Bluetooth devices -- exactly when the noise happens. That's obviously a bug (or terrible feature), but beyond a user's scope to fix. What I hoped to fix was maybe turning off the periodic search function while I was listening to audio. Is this possible? When I'm mowing the lawn or grinding up fallen leaves, a headphone cable gets in the way, and I'd really hoped to solve that with the wireless set. Right now I'm listening to the news, getting upset, then getting even more upset every 3 minutes!

Ideas? Is there a configuration file I could change with a script, perhaps? If I could do that, I might even be able to automate it with the situations app. I've been digging through ~/.config with no luck so far for anything bluetooth config related.

Thanks!

(I thought about not listening to the news and trying music instead, but that only solves the "bad news" part of the problem . . .)