View Single Post
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
In theory you could install anbox on the Jolla 1, but not sure if 1GB RAM would be enough.

Note that andbox relies on modern features in the kernel (Linux containers).
I'm not sure if the 3.4.xxx generation of kernel with which we are stuck (thanks to Qualcomm) will be able to support all the required LXC features.

It also requires on the android-specific kernel mods (as far as I remember: mostly the weird android message bus). So even if you're on a recent/rolling distro, you need to compile and load a couple of modules.

Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Does anyone else read this as saying if you buy Sailfish X you might be able to install the licensed bits on any (single) Sailfish device linked to your account? Even if there's a vendor check the compact could still work...
Did someone with a community Xperia compact build and a Sailfish X license on their account actually tried it ?
That would be very interesting...

Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
After some testing, I realized that when I use Whatsapp, even if I close the app through the launcher, it still shows online. Is it normal or is a know thing?
By default (if you don't do the config mentionned in the previous post) that's the *normal* WhatsApp behaviour. (They got criticized a lot because of that, specially at the beginning when 2.5G/3G data plan used to be expensive) You cannot shut it down, it's going to *always* be up, no matter what - according to WhatsApp because that "mimics the always-on feature of SMS".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post: