View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Regarding Yappari, it is an empty package. It was set to be so by the last Yappari dev (ceene) since some insisted on installing it even when told not to. At the time, it was causing one's cellular number to get banned on the WhatsApp network. Probably should have just got removed from the repositories, although I don't know how easy that would have been at the time.

in simpler terms therefore, uninstall Yappari, and if you really must use WhatsApp, get a (cheapie) Android phone.

If the link on the main home page is dead. Why not remove it or change it with the link I just found in the forum.
It was also suggested by some that it is better not to 'flaunt' the addresses too much, just in case someone in Nokia/MS Legal starts questioning the rightfulness of mirroring these files and we end up with takedown notices ...

I am the owner of this Nokia N900 since 2011.
Was it new? Or bought second hand? Did you flash it at some point back then?

What also somethimes will happen. I have Wireless Lan disabled by default.
Actually, WiFi cannot directly be disabled on the N900 as on Android ... You can set "Connect automatically" to 'Always Ask' .. but that will also check for WiFi networks in range when a connection becomes necessary.

Sometimes the browser will suddenly start up or wireless will be suddenly on.
Sounds like you have something running in the background which needs a connection, as explained above.

Is it possible also that your screenlocking doesn't work very well (e.g. slide close/open is easily triggered ...) and in that could also of course cause the symptoms you see, especially if you have the browser as a shortcut on your Desktop

That said .. reflashing will get rid of your 'problem' quickly. But I'm sure you could also troubleshoot systematically and eventually find your culprit...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post: