View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
OIC! You mean a tablet for you! Not one to make money! You should have said so!
You know, you're right: I haven't put enough of an emphasis on that point. I guess, the real question here should be:

If you yourself could create the perfect mobile UI for your own needs, what would it look like?

And really, given the demise now of FirefoxOS and the continuing troubles at Jolla, there seems more space than ever for folks uninterested in the Apple-Google duopoly to just give up and create their own personal mobile OS. That's certainly what I want to do.

And that also means that there's no longer any need to slavishly follow the path that Apple and Google have blazed; no need to spend massive amounts of time and effort on making the thing pretty, or incorporating a long list of features popular to average users, or really doing anything you'd need to do to satisfy investors. I guess what I really would like to know, is what people here, in their heart of hearts, would really like to see in a mobile UI: does the iOS / Android interface really appeal to you, or do you have a radically different view of what would be good?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: