View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
1) most resistive screens takes strength to make them respond (N900 is no different)
[snip]
4) not durable - if you use it extensively, parts of the screen surface will sink due to pressure, making the system recognize the area as an always-pressing "finger", thus rendering the phone unusable. This has happened to my N900 twice, and replacing the touch panel is the only way out.
I think your perception/use as per point 1 is the direct cause of point 4.

While the N900's resistive screen certainly takes some force beyond just 'touch' (which I personally always liked, I want to be able to make contact with the screen surface without the screen thinking I want it to do something, but I can understand why it can get annoying for others), I would never describe it as requiring any substantial strength or force or whatever.

When using the N900, I never even notice that I'm actually pushing into the screen at all, unless I consciously think about it (such as when people used to capacitive screens are trying to use N900s' touch screens).

I've had three N900s since summer 2010, which puts me at about 3 N900s / 4 years. An annoyingly short lifespan. The problems that ultimately made me get new ones were the telephony disabled errors, but I continue to use them in secondary capacities and in my usecases, I've never worn out a screen the way you describe. *Shrug*

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2013-10-05 at 23:04. Reason: I f'ed up the quote BB tag

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: