Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5] cuteNews - RSS news and podcast aggregator
View Single Post
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
well as usual its a solid piece in your cute lineup of diverse products
but for me looks like i am more sticked to copernicious app though its slow but audio news is awsome and uses a fair amount of bandwith daily
but your app looks nicer i mean the layout so would like to ask any chances that it gets ofline mode i.e i open the app select offline consumption and it downloads articles for the session so i am able to disconnet save battrey read whenever i get time in my busy shedule without worring about network or battrey.
also if there is a plugin that i can install on dextop browsers that alows send to n900 i.e links and later on n900 i syncronise and have knowledge and fun without coming returning home with a empty battrey

currently i use opera mini for the purpose it works nice but got flatal flaws like draining battrey even if i disconect no ability to open links via system i.e a huge problem in itself no systemwide copypaste and more so i use a combination of linguine and opera daily it works but makes my n900 pee in my pockets

hopes are high for a new generation content aggregator program

thanks
Articles are already downloaded and stored in a SQLite database. The only items not cached to disk are the images, but that option may be added later. You can download enclosures either manually using a long-press on the link, or automatically by enabling the 'Download enclosures automatically' option when adding a feed.

Regarding sync from desktop, you can source articles from wherever you like using the custom command option when adding a feed, so it's possible to use a script that retrieves the articles stored on your desktop machine.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post: