View Single Post
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Which android apps work without mods on other OSs?
That doesn't mean it's not possible to implement.

Google may even restrict access to gmail.
You only need an IMAP client to access GMail so your point is irrelevant.

You guys are delusional. Starting with the fact that Jolla is so original ...it's stealing Android apps. Brilliant for a revolutionary OS
I'm not sure how running non-native apps equates to stealing.

I'm now going to stop replying to your posts as you clearly have no idea of what you are talking about. May I ask that you stop littering this thread with BS or perhaps a mod can take care of it if it continues?

Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
well, I tried them on BB and most of them suck in every posible way. In fact, that experience convinced me that I don't care about android compatibility and I would be really happy if that crap can be turnd of, uninstalled and that app store (or whatever the name will be) won't accept crappy android ports.
If I'll ever need any android app I'll use my note. Or in case that I don't have android device I would by one. There's a plenty to choose for about 200€, and they are quite decent spec vise and surely will do the job better than BB does and I will save some hair.
I can't speak for Android compatibility on BBOS as I've not tried it. What I will say is that any problems will be down to that particular implementation. I am still waiting to hear a technical reason why it would not be possible to replicate an Android environment under Sailfish that could provide 100% or very high compatibility. My main concern would be memory consumption but if it can be unloaded then I don't have a problem with it.