View Single Post
camera-ui2 moves lens at full speed during manual control and closing of application, which causes audible "click". (in case of closing application, the "click" depends on focus before closing). I have observed deteriorating of lens ability to auto-focus on a number of my devices, after prolonged use of manual focus mode, including the extreme case of one module being able to focus only as far as 30 cm thus, during auto-focus, the further possible focus is 30 cm, every shoot requiring further focus comes out blurry, every one requiring closer distance is OK).

For other cases, the "limit" gets higher, but in all of them, results in loss of ability to focus properly on scenes requiring max-out focus - BTW, it doesn't matter if you use auto focus or manual mode after the damage is done (although, manual mode "thinks" it still focus further, without actually moving the lens after certain point).

I've confirmed the damage (max "limit" being closer focus than it should be, thus no actual lens movement past certain point, despite software thinking that it still changes focus) using micrometer. I just wasn't aware what could cause such reproducible deterioration, until Copernicus published his findings.

Personally, I would mark this bug as critical (hardware damaging) and suggest avoiding using manual focus (especially the max-in and max-out shortcuts) until fix suggested by Copernicus is integrated..

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: