View Single Post
For the people developing clutter to pick an idea and stick to it! I mean some of the animation code has had to be adapted to a new API before it can be adapted to a replacement for that API. Even better, this "new" API is hardly used by anyone, they're all still using deprecated functions. The animation code for the task switcher for example is using a ClutterTimeline to keep everything in sync and activates it when it wants. New clutter automatically animates, have to be removed from an object before they can be reapplied....

Joking aside, if, or more like when, I need help with a particular element I'll post online. It's still a pet project at the moment to investigate what's possible.

The problem comes with any closed source elements that are referred to by the open source replacements. If I can't build some of the libsystemui elements I don't think I can use Fremantle mce. Then again, it might be more preferable to use Nemo bits so that some one else is maintaining them and possibly open it up to more devices.

For the most part I'm able to adapt/remove the Maemo specific stuff. HildonPannableArea was pretty much a reworked GtkScrolledWindow with touch support. As GTK3 has touch, all I did was rework it to extend GtkScrolledWindow with scroll_to() etc.

I'm currently working on an issue with button width allocations, been putting it off whilst I get some other bits going but now I need to look at it. Date and Time buttons also cause segfault. As you can see from the images, tick box is missing from check buttons and widths are not taking into account there containers limits. I think it's probably minimum-size being set rather than natural but I'll find out when I look at it. Button heights seem fine though.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: