View Single Post
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
As usual, I've been tinkering, this time with the Weather app (sailfish-weather). I wanted to see the weather description as well as high and low temperatures on the lockscreen, this I have achieved, it isn't pretty (yet) but it works. I did this by copying /usr/lib/qt5/aml/Sailfish/Weather/WeatherBanner.qml to /usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/lockscreen/* and then editing that file to get what I wanted.

I also would like to see wind speed and wind direction on the lockscreen, but for some reason I cannot get this to display/show. I thought I'd be able to achieve this in the same or similar fashion to getting temperature, weather image and weather description to show, but it seems I am wrong.

There is a file called /usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Weather/WeatherDetailsHeader.qml which contains the models for windspeed and wind direction, I copied this to the lockscreen folder and have edited it until the cows came home....but I cannot get windspeed/direction to display. Obviously there are other files pertaining to wind speed and direction; Model.qml and Model.js.....I tried copying these files to lockscreen, but again, no amount of 'fiddling' helped.

The second image is of course a mock-up of what i'd like to see.

Any ideas guys?
Attached Images

Last edited by Markkyboy; 2018-03-12 at 23:40.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post: