View Single Post
Originally Posted by lma View Post
I'd like to offer my congratulations too, but I don't believe we have a board after this. The bylaws clearly call for a new election cycle in these circumstances.
"This" = :

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
EDIT: you know what? It's not worth it. Strike me from the Foundation.
I must admit, that I have missed this Edit sentence from Texrat, and now, after reading it from lma quote, I really chuckled - it looks quite the same as with joerg_rw's withdrawal of his candidacy, except for fact, that Randall did it just *after* election, when 86 people put trust on him, via their votes.

Honestly, I don't know what to say here. Generally, it would be very bad for Board to have members that take their toys apart, due to small critic (like Texrat got criticized for idea of putting our assets under Jolla wings - frankly, he got criticized due to good reasons, BTW).

OTOH, I just hope that it was just burst of unnecessary emotions. Sure, stepping down isn't something that you should do due to emotions (and I know something about it - I've though about stepping down for a month, before I actually did it), and considering time of "cadence", Texrat seems to set new, short record... On the other hand, again, he got mandate of 86 votes (before his unfortunate idea about Jolla and declaration of stepping down).
---

I'm quite sure, that it require, most of all, clarification from his side. Immediate one, I would even say. It would be nice to know, if we're proud of electing 1st Board (that won't go away due to feeling offended, on average rate of 1/week), or in total limbo and need for new election.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!