View Single Post
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
upgrading! Any specific area you want me to run into or just general crash test dummy business?

Edit: my OTA went as following,
Started when going to bed and found it displaying 82% complete install when picking up in the morning, waited another hour with no change.
I rebooted, shutdown got stuck and displayed red light for 30 minutes, then i hard reseted via power key.

First startup and as expected still on 2.0.1.
Issued another version --dup that went through in 10 minutes completely.
Reboot/shutdown got stuck again, hard reset after 10 minutes.

boot went fine and i had 2.0.2, working radio and working sfdroid without reflash!
Following your recommendation, i rebooted twice just to be sure.

No problem as of yet.

Could you please explain again how to start/stop sfdroid from cli so i can log to a file? &> thx!
Thank you for your report. I'm looking for bugs with the OTA procedure (other than the dbus issue), as well as any regressions in 2.0.2.48 for our device.

I've now done two otas from fresh 2.0.1.11 installs and can't replicate that hang using version (might not recommend using version for otas in the future to get more info though). Could you paste the output of ssu lr earlier on as recommended in the guide I pasted?

Regarding running sfdroid from cli, you can start it with "sg graphics /usr/bin/sfdroid" however, this won't provide you with the logs we care about. You don't even need to run from CLI to get the logs we care about for sfdroid .

You can get a logcat after running into an issue in sfdroid with "devel-su /system/bin/logcat > sfdroid". This will create a "sfdroid" logcat file which you can then upload like: cat sfdroid | curl -F 'sprunge=<-' http://sprunge.us

ThomasAH: thank you for the correction on the TWRP link.

Edit: reverted a service that's no longer required that could cause weird behavior on first boot after updating (what I wrote about needing multiple boots for full radio functionality) .

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-07-30 at 21:55.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post: