View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
With steady hands you could fly a plane in a snowstorm, or walk a rope while wearing a blindfold. With steady hands (translation: tripod stand and alidad) you could take an ideal panorama, and the application wouln't have to compare them to determine their relative positions - it would have only to stitch them accurately.
The fact is, Nokia Panorama application has excellent interface, and not-ideal-but-almost-perfect stitching. However, today as I tried to take a panorama, it crashed during stitching (four photographs, nothing complex) and rebooted the whole operating system. The four photographs and warps.txt are still here. I am attempting to stitch the four photographs with desktop-Hugin, but it's frustrating. Who knows HFOV of Nokia N900 camera? Or its lens type?
The idea: create script which would check whether Panorama is running; if not, then check if there are any files in /home/user/.Panoramatmp ; if yes, then check that the latest photographs (beginning from P0.jpg; number of them could be determined from warps.txt, I expect) don't have a corresponding already-stitched Panorama in /home/user/MyDocs/Panorama ; if yes, then stitch the photographs using the warps.txt and add it to /home/user/MyDocs/Panorama .
This script could be run either manually, if you don't mind having to remember to click it each time Panorama crashes during stitching, or be typed into Panorama shortcut to run after Panorama closes - just in case Panorama crashed. It should not be run before Panorama opens - it is quite uncomfortable to wait for lengthy process of stitching when you just wanted to take a new Panorama.
So, who knows the meaning of numbers in warps.txt? Who would be willing to create a command-line application to stitch the photographs? It should be much easier than porting whole Hugin.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: