View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
nope the ui is still under discussion internally whether to make it open source or not...

Sailfish OS may be open source but the product that ends up on Jolla phones will have closed bits...
I'd like to see something handled BETTER--not just the same things we've already seen from Android (who seems to be getting more and more OPEN-sourced and only getting better) and from Maemo and MeeGo (which went more and more CLOSED-source and only got worse). It's not making a convincing case for preferring Jolla.

It's all still in talks at this point and I'm not involved but, as a potential customer, I want to be convinced that this is a product I want or that I want to develop for or recommend to customers and friends. What I'm reading so far hasn't instilled confidence in me that this is the next hot thing I want to invest in or recommend.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR