View Single Post
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Yes, that was about it. Gestures. Means to an end. We have a new hammer so everything has become a nail. Let's use gestures for everything, with no regard whether it suits the purpose or not.
Consistent? Definitely. Intuitive? Definitely not!

The new interface may have lost some of that consistency but it made up to it a thousand times with a much increased intuitivity.

This comes from someone who has used Jolla for a year and was very familiar with the interface, so you cannot accuse me of confusing intuitivity with familiarity.
honestly i found swipe gesture on cover not only consistent, but even intuitive and useful. you dont risk to miss tap that buttons wich are also horrible. for the rest i prefer this 2.0..i think that a solution if the are decided to keep such useless carousel ( what the sense of it? to play with fingers? i have better things to do), is implement something as patch of nodevel that trasform the cursed buttons in pull down menu on cover,but adding the other button with pull up on cover.
only problem would be scrolling, but i think its enought to scroll holding space between covers and not within cover. or maybe setting a lateral vertical bar (only virtual) on the edge. if u want to scroll u can do it between the covers, or using thumb up and down on the right side ( or left)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post: