View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
If you have ubiboot installed then you're already halfway there. There is a new version ubiboot but it isn't required as Leste is booted without an initrd. The new ubiboot does however now include a nice Maemo Leste graphic and a few things preconfigured for it. That reminds me that I should send a pull request to juiceme to set a few more defaults for Leste (described below).

To get Leste running, you'll need to create a new partition (ext4 is fine). Then you can unpack the .tar.gz dist for the N9 to that partition and configure ubiboot.conf to use it. Assuming you'll use slot 5:I'll write up a guide on the wiki once I've sent that patch to juiceme but in the meantime the above should get you going.

As I already mentioned, Hildon is broken on the N950 so I suspect it might be broken on the N9 too. So don't expect wonders, but USB networking works so that will give you complete access to the Devuan-like system to play around with.
Yep, it works and yep hildon is broken but I couldn't get it to connect via usb with my bionic desktop.

This is a dream come true however, modern linux on handhelds, way to go.

Btw have you managed to run firefox? I think I saw a screenshot somewhere in the thread (I did apt install iceweasel but firefox crashes just after launch.)

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post: