View Single Post
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
But the important question here is: why is it not as good and efficient as running Linux natively?
Any non-native solution will incur some inefficiency and consume more resources.

Is it RAM? Because at some point that stops being a problem.
Yes and yes. But in my case I only have 1GB of ram. I believe Linux Deploy is set to stay in memory so that android's memory management doesn't terminate it so at least it won't kill your linux system and lose whatever you was working on.

Is it 3D acceleration? That is not only fixable, but also most other "Linux native" mobile environments have the same problem.
At this point in time I'm not sure what 3D acceleration is good for on a Linux system other than to provide fancy desktop effects.

Is it integration with the host operating system
The integration is pretty well done, considering. You can also configure it to autostart the linux environment on android bootup.

or because you actually prefer it over the host environment? That's the only reason I currently have for preferring a native Linux environment, but even I myself admit I don't see this idea flying with many people.
Ditto here, saves having to worry about google's spyware as well.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post: