Thread: Group MMS
View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
I'm reading this as another European and I'm wondering why you are using MMS to have what appears to be a pure text conversation when SMS is cheaper. Is the difference between the two recognised in America or is this another pants/trousers situation?
I think it's because MMS has this group thingy. (which we don't use really in europe, at least I don't even as I use MMSn heavily)
It's probably a header extension in the message that defines it is a part of group or something...

Besides whether MMS is cheap or expensive depends really on the operator contract; maybe they have a set amount of free MMS'es per month or something.

Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
Thinking on implementation if these are temporary groups all it would need is to clone the messaging app and a add a list of numbers and a start and end date/time and filter the standard message database to show anything that matches. This would mean any non-group messages from someone in the group would appear randomly in the middle of the conversation but that's liveable.

Now, is the messaging app open source...
Yes, I thought of the same but have not really even checked if it is open. And even if it is not, it would probably be not that difficult thing to make from scratch.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: