View Single Post
@romu, I did not intend to be overly harsh, stating "please search first, ask then", so I am glad to hear ...

Originally Posted by romu View Post
I've taken the time to do a factory reset of my J1 and patiently update it back to 2.1.1.26.
... that you successfully executed a factory reset and carried out the tedious procedure of updating SailfishOS through all its "stop releases" to its recent version.

Just for the records / your understanding: It was most likely (when you originally updated to SFOS 2.1.1.26, before the factory reset) the fact that you did not unapply all patches before updating SFOS, which caused the effects you experienced back then. Well, I considered this to be obvious; now I understand, that it was not to you, despite all the warnings in many places, e.g. each and every (!) SailfishOS release note.

Via Storeman, I can install some things, but not PatchManager 2.0, the error message I get is:
File '.core/armv7hl/patch-2.6.1-1.1.3.armv7hl.rpm' not found on medium 'https://releases.jolla.com/releases/2.1.1.26/jolla/armv7hl'
This is totally cryptic to me.
As I can see (via pckon search name patch) having patch-2.7.5+git1-1.3.1.armv7hl installed under SFOS 2.1.1.26 on my devices, on your Jolla 1 phone pkcon / rpm (triggered by Storeman) is looking for a old version of the Unix patch utility.

Please try:
  1. Enable Settings --> Developer tools --> Developer mode and set a root password of your choice there (you may need root access later).
  2. Open a terminal window and enter pkcon refresh
  3. Then start Storeman and try to install Patchmanager2, again.
As a general remark: Storeman is really nice, capable and quick, but quite "young", so you may also install the old, a bit clumsy and slow Warehouse (by basil) as an alternative application for accessing Openrepos.net (you can install it via Storeman), so you can check that this is not Storeman's fault. Just do not use them concurrently.

And I guess this is the best place to ask for help. Help.
Yes, it is: HTH

Last edited by olf; 2017-09-27 at 20:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post: