View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by ric9K View Post
Not supporting voice? Sorry, stupid clarification need:
Does that mean no classical phonecalls?

I want to convert my voucher in pre-order but this is the only blocking step for me: the modem.
All these bands and standards are confusing me. Really. Since weeks.
It is taking me hours to try to compute all these infos and when read, they all are mixed im my mind.

Is there no simple trick to find the one for france for lambda use: phonecalls + internet?

edit: hmm, does that PLS8-X mean PLS8-"any" or PLS8-US[/X]?
This refers to the PLS8-X variant of PLS8-US which came up recently. Please simply ignore it, I just found no time yet to delete the [/X] from our table of options. The PLS8-US is OK for phone calls.

For France the "simple trick" is:
Do you want LTE (optimized for high bandwidth computing, enabling speeds up to 100 Mbps for downlink and 50 Mbps for uplink) which only works in Europe and even there only on UMTS in some rural areas,
or do you want UMTS-global (optimized for high bandwidth and allows speeds up to 14.4 Mbps for downlink and 5.7 Mbps for uplink) which works pretty much everywhere on this globe?
According to your preferences you pick either PLS8-E (Europe LTE) or PHS8 (UMTS).

Also note that LTE version costs probably a 20 to 50 bucks more than the UMTS version.
We also offer PXS8 for those (US) residents who want to have access to CDMA2000 as well, for Europeans it's quite irrelevant I guess.

Cheers
jOERG

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2015-06-01 at 19:07. Reason: fixed bandwidth ratings

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: