View Single Post
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
First of all, Jolla doesn't really want Nokia's maemo (meaning here at least the Internet Tablet and N900 related) assets. That is not to say that the Foundation might not negotiate it so that Jolla ends up indirectly supporting those communities as a byproduct of some partnership or sponsorship with the Foundation.

Secondly, if you think the Foundation should not take over the assets, then you should reconsider your self-nomination to be a Director or at least clarify why you believe it would be best for the Foundation for these assets to be taken over by Jolla. Unlike maemo council, Directors will be legally obligated to always act in furtherance of the stated purpose of only the Foundation and are liable otherwise. Although the Foundation is a non-profit dedicated to maemo derived or inspired open source software, it is also a corporation and the same fiduciary responsibilities exist as in for-profit corporations.
Relax sport. I'm talking about Nokia's intellectual property.

But by all means, continue overreacting and taking your frustration out on me for expressing a possible option for Maemo's survival. I volunteered to run for the board to help explore possibilities-- when Tim Samoff was the only one at the time doing so. It's not like there was a huge, mad rush of candidates.

No, people are way too busy whining and fighting with each other to step up. So yeah, attack someone who did.

I think my track record supporting this community speaks for itself. But then so does the fact that a few of you are willing to lynch me for thinking maybe Jolla might offer a solution.

Unbelievable.

EDIT: you know what? It's not worth it. Strike me from the Foundation. The poison being spewed has really spoiled it for me.

Last edited by Texrat; 2012-10-19 at 04:25.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post: