View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
As promised, I have started to look at map layers that are not returning tiles. I will add to this list, cumulatively, as I plow through (nope, no need - finished!). Using,debug logging to file, I am examining the errors generated, then checking the logged URLs in a browser to see if anything revealing comes up. So far:
Thanks!

1) Yandex - returns tiles, but never for the correct coords - what system is it using?
Yeah - it looks like some sort of northern offset. If we can find how the offset depends on zoom level (or other variables) I should be able to compensate for it when generating tile coordinates.

2) Yahoo - fails, service unavailable (prolly true for all map types)
Weird, I'm pretty sure they have still been working quite recently.

3) Virtual Earth - fails invalid request URL, URL seems malformed (true for all map types)
This should already be fixed in the latest modRana source code, but has not yet been released.

4) MapQuest Satell. - Service Unavailable (MapQuest Map OK!)

Debug logfile for the above available, if needed.

Not tested: Freemap.sk, Czech.

In addition: batch download around a route appears as if it is completing (and certainly takes it's time) but subsequent off-line driving quickly shows that many of the tiles are not available, at the zoom levels requested. I know this for certain but will need to run a separate test with debug logging enabled to see wots wot.
I have unfortunately not tested downloading tiles around a route in ages, so it is quite possible it is indeed broken. :P So I've added a tracking issue for this and will check what's wrong.

By the way, I tried v 0.52.10 on a low end Android tablet and map tile display was porked, with every 2nd tile displayed along a row and then a row missing altogether and so on. OSM Cycle but I think it affects all.
Check that you have map scaling disabled (set to 1x) in Options->Map. It is unfortunately broken at the moment and behaves the way you describe - I really need to finally fix it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: