View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I hate these outdated pieces of hardware being peddled as my only option if I don't choose mainstream offerings instead.

And I hate reminiscing with outdated software and hardware that doesn't fulfill my needs, only barely covers my daily operations. To me, that's exactly what the N900 has become. An old relic that cannot do what I require in my livelihood or the majority of what I seek in something I'd buy today.
Ok, I know I shouldn't, but I'm gonna do it anyway: It sounds to me like your livelihood requires features that are currently 100% owned by Apple or Google. Software locked inside walled-garden ecosystems, hardware locked down to the OS of one of the major manufacturers.

I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing! The App Store / Google Play model has been a boon to software development, and has been built at least in part on hardware that is totally locked down, forcing consumers to play by the rules.

But I don't think people here reminisce about outdated hardware and software simply because they enjoy outdated hardware and software; they do it because they don't want to be forced to play by Apple's or Google's rules...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: