View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by karry View Post
To map distribution, I just recap what I send to libosmscout mailing list: server part for OSM Scout is ready, scripts are available here. I host it on Rasperry PI with 1 TiB disk dedicated for maps. It is dwarf to compare to your machine @MartinK :-) I will focus on client side next days/weeks. It will be available for osmscout server too off course. When everything will be ready, we can start working on map delivery network (MDN ?).
Sounds good! We could try to create some simple osmscout data repo spec - for example how a JSON document describing available map packs looks like. Like this repos/repo mirrors would be independent from how they are created (your scripts, the modrana-data-repository generator, manual generation, etc.) and people will still be able to use them in a unified way from applications supporting the spec.

Originally Posted by karry View Post
What is university status to your server Martin. It is officially supported or it is tolerated "punk activity"?
My bachelors & masters thesis were led by a supervisor from the NLP lab. We are still in touch after I've finished my studies and the current Monav data repository (and the whole modrana.org website) is hosted by the lab with his & labs consent. And I do credit them for this where appropriate this.

I will of course first ask them if they are OK with generating & hosting another data set, but I kinda expect it should not be an issue. In comparison to some of the corpus processing they do our data sets are very very small.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: