View Single Post
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
As we now have some kernels to play with on recent versions for N8x0, I suggest we start the real work.

Tools of the choice: Fedora chroot or VM. There's problems with MIC2 currently that needs to be fixed before we have proper support on Debian/Ubuntu. This guide should get you started building RPM packages for MeeGo.

I have some tasks we need to get started on in order to get N8x0 properly supported. Who will take these?

1) Adapt the kernel source package from MeeGo to make a kernel build for the N8x0. There is some work regarding 2.6.33 already we can probably piggyback on for ARM support. The patches Termana and tmr has provided should provide a good basis for this.

2) Package up Xomap for MeeGo - there is no good omapfb driver for N8x0 for Xorg sadly. Alternatively, someone can put in effort to work on this.

3) Integrators - someone good with RPM packaging that developers can contact regarding questions.

4) Testers - we need 2-3 committed testers to test the output, documentation provided, etc.

Testers so far: rlinfati

Discussion topics:

* What should be our deployment target? My suggestion is to target at least a 2GB (mini/micro)SD card and boot from there.
* What should be initial (realistic) hardware usable for MeeGo 1.0 with N8x0 HW adaptation? Remember, MeeGo 1.0 is in May
* Should we even care about the 3d drivers or should we look into OpenVG for Qt for instance?
* What would be useful to have Nokia provide in a tablets-dev.nokia.com RPM repository (closed source bits), so people can generate images with the bits.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2010-04-10 at 19:06.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: