View Single Post
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Handspring Visor Deluxe: November 1999
Handera 330: 2001 (?) until stolen in 2003
Palm T3: 2003 - 2004, sold and good riddance
Zaurus SL-C860: 2004 - present. Ran out of charge the other day because i hadn't used it for a week.
Nokia N900: December 2009

I sometimes miss the Handera 330. It had a huge greyscale screen, decent spreadsheet program, grafitti, CF & SD slots(?) and the batteries (rechargeable 4xAAAs, i believe) lasted for literally days of constant use. I mean, i read the entirety of Atlas Shrugged on the gadget on vacation using the same batteries, with plenty of other use during that time.

The Zaurus is better than the N900 is some ways. I picked it up the other day and it felt amazingly spacious and comfortable after getting used to the N900. It has better hardware buttons and the ancient VGA LCD screen is (amazingly) just as bright and clear as the N900s, if a bit more bluish. However, i find myself trying to kinetically scroll everything and have never been able to carry it in my front pant pocket, which is where my phone goes.

To be honest, i'd rather have the N900 NIT-sized. It would still be an improvement over carrying both the Zaurus and a phone around, and much more useful for me. I can fully appreciate that would put it out of the running for most people, though.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-02-06 at 20:51.