View Single Post
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
I could get my hands on an Intex Aquafish for ~75€, tomorrow. It currently has Sailfish 2.0 installed.
Apparently it can be updated to Sailfish 3.something.
I suppose a self-upgraded version will not include Android support?

If I buy the license, will it be transferable to any new device I choose to buy? Is it a lifetime License?

Is installing SailfishOS on one of the supported devices a smooth and pain-free experience, and can I expect an "everything works ootb experience" after that?.
To update Intex AquaFish to latest version of Sailfish you would need to follow advice in this resource to make device act as Jolla C:https://together.jolla.com/question/...a-c-not-modem/

This would have "older" version of Android support which is starting to have limitations as apps. are updated and only run on later version.

If you buy a Sailfish X license it applies specifically to either Xperia X, XA2 or Xperia 10 and is not transferable. If however device broke you could ask to have it transferred to replacement of same variant. Remember you must ensure that any Xperia X, XA2 or Xperia !0 can be 'bootloader unlocked" which is not always the case.

As regards working "OOTB" whilst Sailfish can be flashed via Linux, Mac or Windows, I wouldn't like to count the "lost hours" over the years.

Lastly remember that coronavirus will have affected Jolla's HongKong
office badly, so although work carried out by developers globally all the dots don't get joined up as usual.

I still use Xperia X Compact daily running Sailfish 3.2.1.20 as similar form factor to N9 and find XA2 a little too big.

Last edited by aspergerguy; 2020-03-14 at 14:55. Reason: Addition

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post: