View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
These are the apps I've been dearly missing, in the order of preference:

1. A decent programmable calculator. There are a few in extras but frankly, the UI of most of them has a lot to be desired. The most usable is Galculator but that is a) only in the Diablo repos and b) not programmable.

2. An offline, vector based satnav app. The only one from that category was Sygic which has met an unfortunate end. Modrana is good and is even actively maintained but the tile maps for even a single country are nearly an insurmountable task to obtain. Something like a NavFree port from Android would be perfect (not sure if it is vector based since the maps are based on OSM but it has an option to download maps for specific countries straight from the app and they do not take much space).

3. A more configurable alarm clock. One that would play the whole alarm, not just the first 20 seconds. With an option to select to e.g. play the alarm 3 times, snooze for 2 minutes, repeat 4 times. With a possibility to set these options per alarm, not just globally.

4. A phone app that records the number, time and duration of the call. Ideally with an option to record the voice as well: although we have 3rd party apps for that, an integrated feature would be much preferable, with a button you could press during the call.

5. An application for very basic video editing. Nothing fancy, I would be happy if it had just two operations: cut and join. Oh the number of times I wished I could cut out a smaller clip from a longer video just made with the camera, or stitch two shorter clips together.

6. Same as above, but for sound. Something like "Sound Recorder" in Windows 95. Having a few other options such as increase/decrease the speed (for both #5 and #6) would be welcome extras but not essential.

7. A simple photo panorama app.

8. An inline (NB: not online) spell checker. Something that would highlight spelling mistkaes while typing e.g. this missive.

9. A more powerful expense manager. I use Expense Log but that is far too basic. Something that could do at least a monthly summary would be nice.

Last edited by pichlo; 2014-03-11 at 08:20. Reason: Spelling, added #9.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: