View Single Post
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
well, raster (core E17 developer) is now working for openMoko, and EWL got ported to the Neo Freerunner. The Freerunner runs on partly identical hardware as the N8x0, so at least ARM ports should work well, if they didn't before. Probably did given Debian ARM port. But maybe more specific hardware problems are solved too. Besides, goal and performance are similar. Maybe can look at the performance on E17 on Freerunner but be aware the Freerunner has hardware rendering engine enabled.

My comment about E17 rendering being fast also refers to compare with XRender. Check out enlightenment.org news archives. The difference is astonishing. And, really, it is, especially compared to XRender (might have since then even imrpoved tho), although this isn't used now either, e.g. there is no compiz... but... I somehow doubt these performance tests were done on a OMAP2!

E17 was long time on radar for embedded devices, years ago really. It has even so much improved since then...

Easy live cd to test out Enlightenment is Elive, www.elivecd.org you can download the stable 1.0 version if you donate (its now a bit older already) or just grab a development version. This allows you to fully run E w/o borking/touching your current system, while still on relatively fast hardware... ie. your desktop. Recommended to learn more about E... I'll see if i can find some time later on to play with latest versions... *excited*