View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
There is some confussions, as OGG is indeed a container, but containers with vorbis audio inside have .ogg file extension, and are called "ogg" or "OGG" literally everywhere. Anyway, it's brillant codec by Xiph.org (the same organization, who gave us FLAC), and leading format of royalty-free, patent-free audio codecs.
Well, I'm not ready to start packaging audio data into containers just yet. But I'll go ahead and see if I can add Vorbis to the list of encodings for Orecchiette.

Feature request - above obvious auto-recording of calls (SIP and GSM alike), which you're already considering for sure, it would be nice to have a (remembered) advanced configuration for codecs in use. IMO, most feasible way would be a text field, where user would put a string of text containing command-line parameters for codec, just passed transparently to used encoder (in addition to normal things defined by our application, like save path, etc).
Well, that would make sense, if I were using the command line to construct the GStreamer pipeline. However, by constructing and managing the plugins directly, Orecchiette has much better control over them. (Thus the ease with which it can pause, stop, or otherwise modify running pipelines -- of course, until the autobuilder comes back, you'll just have to trust me on this one.)

And honestly, I figure if a user knows enough about GStreamer plugins to specify a slew of advanced options, they're probably able to construct a custom pipeline for themselves... But in any case, I'll take a look at EAC and see if I can steal any of their ideas.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: