View Single Post
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
Maemo Leste already supports WPA2 Enterprise properly (because it uses wpa_supplicant backend). You do not need any config file on Leste.

On Fremantle, some have been able to connect to eduroam by carefully entering the options, e.g. make sure that the "Manual username" field is filled.

I don't have eduroam where I am, but the N900 can't connect to our WPA2 Enterprise network. So I use wpa_supplicant, which works beautifully. As a result, I do have a config, but you also need to remember that WPA2 Enterprise is just an 'umbrella' designation - there are various ways that the network can be configured, e.g. PEAP, TTLS, TLS, etc. So you would need to figure that out first, before you can write an appropriate config

Simplest way ... look at how Android/Windows saves the connection
Thank you for your quick reply. Yeah like I said, I have no problem with Maemo leste connecting to the Wifi...I was just wondering if one could just copy paste the config file from Leste to fremantle..I know it sounds simple...I'm a simple man But don't worry, that's not the subject!! (But thanks again for your answer)

I mostly wanted to know how I can take screenshots from the mobile.

And regarding the apps from the repository, The only one I was able to install was conky, but I had no icon in the menu, and the app did not open...

Finally, did someone think about Chroot ? I know it's not the aim of the topic, but I still have ubuntu chroot in the N900 and it works just fine, I was just wondering if it was possible with devuan too!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post: