View Single Post
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
I used my Jolla while travelling in the US (Boston area) this summer.
I roamed via AT&T. Telephony is 2G only, with very bad voice quality, and I even had problems with age-old SMS. But that is probably due to AT&T. But at least it works. For all non-voice use cases use WiFi.
Yes only 2G in USA. I used it as my primary phone since it came out. I had wifi at home and work.

My most important features that I need were Phone (with conf. calls), SMS, MMS, Email, Whatsapp, Navigation and rare occasional searching for something online. I never watch videos on the phone.

Phone and Email works great and had no issues. I had multiple email accounts on it. IMAP push works great, sometimes think it worked better than the coworkers latest Android devices.

Jolla works fine for all of the above on T-Mobile USA. Yes it is pretty slow to search online on 2G, but could find what I am looking for in case of an emergency while on road (since when I am not at work or home or some friends home, most of the time I would be driving so could not use the phone anyway).

While I was driving, I used Waze for navigation all the time and it worked great. No issues.

Of course I wished it had LTE support, but I loved it still.

Now I use Nexus 5. Instead of Waze, I use Poor Maps. I like the bigger screen, but other than that the use case is pretty much same. Browsing is a lot more usable if I need it on the road.

I am still not ready to give it up otherwise I would offer it to gerbick

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post: