View Single Post
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
@velox, Is it okay, if I keep dropping ideas and observations here?
Totally. It's nice to have an outside perspective and getting confirmation it's actually used – even (or especially) if your usage differs a bit from the main use case of the app. Please don't let it discourage you if I disagree sometimes and deny implementing stuff for one reason or another! Thanks for the ongoing praise, "that goes down like butter", as we say in germany, because we're a weird people.

I just wonder, is an "if exist <file>" once on startup really that resource intensive?
For an audio book with a few hundred files this would slow down start up time on slow hardware like a Jolla JP01 very much.

One really minor thing I noticed today: When I enqueue a file into a playlist that has already been active, the playlist starts playing from the very top (i.e. first file, first second). Would it be possible to retain the current position of a playlist even if files keep being added?
That's the "lazy" thing I mentioned after integrating it: When saving the playback state, it just quickly checks if the file is in the same directory as the first file in playlist – if not, it won't save anything. If playlist handling gets rewritten completely, I'll try to keep that in mind, but I'm not planning to do that at the moment.

Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
Hi @velox

WANTED to know why the flac file cover image metadata is not visible in the super app Talefish. also know that the default sailfishOS media player also has the same issue of cover image metadata over flac files. thanks.
Talefish does not use any metadata at all, because those are only available via QML if you use Tracker – see some of the previous posts. Try to put your cover files as .jpg in the directory containing your audio files before opening that directory.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)