View Single Post
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Pretoria, South Africa
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Well, that sounds like the files are being downloaded fine. For the completer piece of mind, just check the maps downloaded at your current zoom level (MyDocs/.maps/OpenStretMapI/18/...) are shown correctly in Photos. Otherwise it looks like a render problem in Modrana.

The last thing I would try before blaming Modrana is, delete all the maps (just rename OpenStreetMapI and OpenStreetMapII to something else while Modrana is not running), then start Modrana and let the maps download again. There may be some weird caching problem.

I don't see anything suspicious in your log files, BTW, but I am hardly an expert.
I renamed the directories and started modrana, but still grey screen. Tried downloading tiles, which completed, but I noticed that the only new directory that was written under .maps is monav_data. There is no new OpenSteetMap I or II folders. Modrana is not writting new folders and saving the tiles. Changed to Google maps and still nothing.

@malfunctioning
Yes, I connect to internet then start Modrana and wait till I get a GPS lock before doing anything.

I tried Marble and again, it works well. It wrote a new OpenStreetMap I folder and saved new tiles under 16 folder.

It seems something is wrong in Modrana. I thought I would mention this before I reinstall the application as suggested.

Thanks to all for your help so far.
Sunil

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunil For This Useful Post: