View Single Post
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Greater Chicagoland area
OH!!!! I got this to work and failed to post the steps I took to download the intermediates and install them.

On my PC, I opened Firefox and went to Twitch.tv. I clicked on the green lock icon to the left of the URL which opens a new window showing that Twitch is a secure connection. There is a ">" on the right of that info and I clicked on that.

The window's contents change and it shows that Twitch's SSL certificate is verified by GlobalSign nv-sa.

I then clicked on "More Information" at the bottom of the window to see the gory details. In the new window that pops up, I went to the Details tab. In the Certificate Hierarchy I see that GlobalSign Root CA - R3 is used, then GlobalSign Cloud SSL CA is used.

I closed out of all those windows and in a new tab opened a web search.

I then searched "GlobalSign nv-sa download root and intermediate certificates". There's a result of support.globalsign.com that I clicked on and got a list of their root and intermediates. I installed their root and three CloudSSL certificates.

To download the certificates, right-click on the box "Download (Binary/DER Encoded)", and select Save Link As. I just saved all of them to my desktop.

Next I hooked up the N9, copied the files over to my Downloads folder.

I disconnected the N9 from the PC and then performed the certificate installations. It took maybe ten seconds before the N9 searched the directory structure and came up with all downloaded certificates. I just one-by-one selected each of the GlobalSign ones, the selected "install". It brings you to another screen where it asks what you want the certificate to be used for. I leave all fields enabled. I'm sure that could be refined somewhat, but I didn't care.

I don't know whether this certificate step was even instrumental in resolving this issue, or whether it was just the Security Prefs being modified in Opera that ultimately resolved the problem. In the off chance that this certificate stuff is necessary, perhaps this detailed response will help others with other sites.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RasLikesN9 For This Useful Post: