View Single Post
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Lincoln
Please, correct me if I'm wrong. In the next few lines I will present what I'm gonna do with the Nokia N900 running outdated Maemo OS with following OS number(10.2010.19 -1.203.1).

I found on this website:
https://www.fladnag.net/downloads/telephone/n900/
the latest ISO images eMMC and PR 1.3, please see below pictures of these images which I wish to use for re-flash/refresh N900 purpose.
eMMC ISO image file, 10.2010.13-2:
[IMG][/IMG]

PR 1.3 ISO image, 10.2010.36-2:
[IMG][/IMG]

I'm gonna to use the flasher-3.5 software running on the OSX machine with the following the same command line for both .ISO images:
sudo /usr/bin/flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> -f -R
I have only one concern regarding the full reflash/refresh the Nokia N900, if I will go with this reflash method called "eMMC aka *VANILLA*". I will use the following command line without last character "-R"
sudo /usr/bin/flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> -f
I will have to install the eMMC file first and then without booting device up straight install the PR1.3 .ISO file with the following command line:
sudo /usr/bin/flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> -f -R
Please let me know what I have to do in order to avoid the booting device up once the eMMC file will be installed. Do I'm correct if I will remove from the command line the last character "-R" before I start flashing the eMMC file?

The device will remain off once the eMMC file flashing will be finished and then I will able to install the PR 1.3 .ISO file right after eMMC file? During the PR 1.3 .ISO file installation the last character "-R" can be used in the command line, then once the flashing will be finished the device will boot up and then all will be working correctly?

Please, let me know your suggestions, before I will do something stupid. I will wait with the device reflash until someone much smarter than myself will confirm the above is a pretty much correct action and I’m good to go and do a N900 reflash. Thank you.