View Single Post
Hi,

I read your proposal once more.
It is a beautiful project.
IMHO, N900 is the most rich, shared, enthusiastic and dynamic phone project ever and the device is just a jewel.

But it is a huge work.

Personally, I am really not up to date any more since years with N900.
All those certs thing are over my head for example. I still think like in 1995 where you just had to write html and that was read by a browser.
I didn't follow the train with Microb or mail, Opera or browser in easy debian. Easy debian never worked really well for me (GUI not adapted IMHO, small buttons, windows problems). Surely mostly because I never worked really well for it!
To sum up, I progressively abandoned N900 functions when they stopped working or became to slow, ending with a camera-phone-sms only device (that I will anyway love forever!).

Just to say I wouldn't know how to contribute to this project.
Yes, maybe by finding back how I encrypted /home with this double boot thing: with a password secretly entered at boot you go to your home, without password (just wait), it boots into an empty phone.
But is it of any interest? We are not working in secret services, are we?

Yes, one thing I could do is to host that latest ED image.
Just let me know where to grab it!

I can conclude on a positive note:
Although it would be great to make a finished clean package with everything at its best state for the new users and for history purposes,
Everything I personally made on my N900 is written here on TMO, somewhere... nothing is lost!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post: