View Single Post
Originally Posted by jellyroll View Post
I did a fresh install without gapps on my second N5. I had no keyboard issues. The stock SFOS camera stopped working after using the sfdroid camera application. I couldn't test BT and WiFi since the hardware is broken on this device. SFOS and sfdroid seems to work much faster on this build. Would the sfdroid release need a fresh install?
Network works and is controlled by sfos (using dbus). No BT functionality on sfdroid.

Thank you for pointing out the camera issue, I tested sfos camera, then aosp (sfdroid) camera, but apparently never went back to test sfos camera afterward. A reboot fixes the sfos camera again, possibly a sfos quit/reopen (can't test right now due to nonfunctional sfdroid testing).

Do you mean a fresh install for gapps? If so, there's no need so long as you use the gapps linked in the topic now. The only time a fresh install is needed for sfdroid support is if the cm12.1 base is the old "SNAPSHOT" build that was linked earlier (tags were mismatched), or cm11.0 base. When 2.0.2 is released, new flashes will be easier however due to the cloud backup/restore support.

Once you're on the new cm12.1 base, reflashes won't be necessary, and you can ota to new sfos versions in the future (since we're on obs now and patternised) .

Originally Posted by akira.pwr View Post
well, now kb works fine, I've installed whatsapp and l'd like to install some other Android apps, is it possible to have something like a shortcut for Android apps so we will can use them in Sailfish?
It's not currently supported. nh1402 has been talking about working on this. For now, you need to open sfdroid to handle switching apps. My current priority is fixing a few intermittent crashes I've run into and reducing out-of-memory instances.

Which reminds me: If android is stuck on the bootanimation after leaving the card open, it crashed and hasn't been started back up correctly. Quit sfdroid, and reopen from the app drawer, then it will boot. Unfortunately if it looped too long, those count as failed boots so art will re-optimize apps. This is a pain, and is one of the reasons my priorities are on stabilizing.

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-07-10 at 00:50.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post: