View Single Post
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by sulu View Post
Once it hits the market, I believe a TOHKBD for the Purism Librem 5 would be really nice.

The lack of a hardware keyboard fixed to the device is currently my main reason for not considering it a successor to my N900. And it seems I'm not alone on that. [1]
I don't really care if it would be a slider or a clamshell design. I believe some sort of port replication would be nice too, but that's probably just me dreaming.

[1] https://forums.puri.sm/t/how-about-a...the-phone/1790
Also looking forward to seeing Librem.
Point with this project is to get as close to N900 as easy as possible, and this time different keyboard layouts are possible, not just the text on keys but key placement for more countries.
Audio is always going to be my thing but as this is 3D printing, different cases can be designed easily, so you can trade audio for BIG battery or some space to fit custom usb hardware or maybe IR

And since this has the possibility to be just android then more can use it if they only need keyboard and better battery life.

Keyboard will still hopefully be USB so no lag or re-connect/power draw problems, and will as with speakers and everything else i make, a lot of time to get the keyboard as good as the N900

Will be focusing on slider to start with, but no problem making a phone mini laptop, but the N900 design is still the best i used so far

I am however looking forward to the upgrade from the N900 with a Bigger keyboard, been looking a GPD WIN 2 but i don' t know if i can fit more then 4 columns on the keyboard

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post: