Thread: maemo.org theme
View Single Post
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Reading conversations like this makes me want to close extras-devel to everyone except the actual developers who post there. The warnings on it are big and loud: this software is unfinished and may cause harm. You know that when you install it you're allowing your device to be a guinea pig for stuff that is untested.

Yet still we have people clamouring to complain because something from there was exactly what the warnings said. It did what it said on the tin - and bricked the device.

How the developers have stayed cool in the face of this is beyond me. Andrew, you deserve a medal. I can only guess how it must feel to have Nokia change something which turns minor bugs in you code into major ones - and then to have handful of ingrates turn up and blame you.. as if you for forcibly installed untested stuff on their devices without telling them it might do harm.

Grrrr

(BTW, I'm still photographing bears!)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post: