View Single Post
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Since i already outed my noobishness in this thread, i'll keep my additional numptey moments here for public spectacle.

I've got the final maemo 5 dev kit installed and "working". I say "working" because it seems like many bits don't. Without having any tablet in my possession for reference, i don't know how it's supposed to work, but here are some behaviours i'm getting that are clearly wrong:
-the media player fails to play media files, claims "Media format not supported" or something for perfectly good MP3s
-as soon as i click on the "Update" in the App Manager, nothing will show up on any of the three sections of it (Uninstall, Download, Update) until i have closed it and re-opened it
-Clicking on any of the apps listed in Download doesn't do anything but (sometimes) change the color of the icon. I can get info with a long-press, but nothing seems to actually install the apps.

I don't know how to access a shell; i was going to find an app to do it, but that's obviously not helpful if they won't install.

I got onto IRC and one other person confirmed that App Manager does nothing on his system, either. I don't know if this is a common or widespread issue, but it's obviously not going to be easy to test software if it isn't working as it ought to begin with.

Anybody else have these issues?