View Single Post
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Nay, if it works, it works. You turned the 770 off, and take out the card, bla bla bla. There is a possibility that the card was not inserted 'perfectly' but is allowing the previous format/working temporary and thus heated up the media and causing the problems. As I said, it is a last ditch effort. For hard drive, I even put it in refrigertor and will sometime allow me to recover some data before it dies again after 15min or so working.

This, boot from MM, step 4 is partition, will kill the other partition too, not recommend. the formatting is next step, http://examplified.net/guide/Nokia_7...ting_from_MMC/. Tools>file manager>memory card also has a formatting command, not sure how it works, I think step 4 above should take care of you, post if questions. good luck.

bun
thank you so much bun,

mkdosfs /dev/mmcblk0p1
shutdown -r now

above command solved my problem, my remaining FAT partition is back, before your suggestion i was in the impression that the script by milhouse will take care of that too,,,!!

I have another question. this device gives very little time to hold menu button to get boot menu, and most of the times i am little late and it defaults boots into internal flash.

So I want to increse that time to press menu button and even if i didnt press button it should default boot into my MMC, how can i do that?