View Single Post
I'm wondering if Council (is there even such thing in Maemo?), Board (same thing) or any other Entitled Entity (tm) is going to do Anything (tm again) to implement at least some of requests?

Before one well known rager starts trolling me - NO, by "anything" i don't mean coding it by Entity, or some magic "poof!" to meet my "demands". I merely mean some kind of activity, that one would expect from Council, Board, or whatsthehell Entity - like, actively seeking knowledgeable volunteers that could do the work (creating thread with announcement that individuals with certain skills are needed, stating that as topic for Maemo's IRC etc).

Current approach of "let's not search for volunteers, they should find us and bring their ideas themselves, asking us to kindly provide access" doesn't seem to be very effective, to say at least. Not to mention that some activity by Entity in *any* matter would be great, too - Currently, guy like me is genuinely (without any irony) unaware if any "governing" body ever exist for Maemo. If I would be forced to bet now, I would say "no", as I haven't seen any action from their side, since "fundraiser cellar on fire" or something like that.

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!