View Single Post
Hm, that's nice. Kernel wise, someone told me that it's not stored in the rootfs or emmc - It's in its own special 2MB partition. This also contains all bootloader stuff, which is why that needs to be flashed when switching to Nitdroid.
I'm not sure how I'd fix this, aside from manually loading the power kernel if it exists on disk, then flashing it internally if asked... But I think that would be more trouble than its worth, especially considering you aren't supposed to have to flash a fiasco image before restoring your backup.

FSCK, yea, its on the fix list.
And yea, there's a couple of odd lines of text. Problem is, I tried adding spacing before those lines... and for some odd reason, it wouldn't work. I'm still not sure why - the same spacing worked fine on all other lines.

BTW, would you mind posting a complete tutorial on how you got it all to work? Complete with modified eMMC image?

@Ali:
BackupMenu both creates and uses .tar images. You should be able to backup your system to your SD card or eMMC, then go right ahead and restore from those images. You should not need to mess with anything.
Note however that it's still slightly experimental, so if things don't work out right, you -may- have to mess with it. But that -shouldn't- happen.

Thanks,

-Rob

Last edited by RobbieThe1st; 2010-10-21 at 11:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobbieThe1st For This Useful Post: